Respecting your privacy
Ralph Fowler Wines is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information.
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
how we collect and hold it;
the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
your right to access and seek correction of it;
how you may complain about privacy matters.
Types of personal information collected
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- your customer reference number or offer number;
- whether you have taken up some of our other offerings, such as membership of our clubs and loyalty programs, our financial services products and our mobile applications;
- any rewards and redemption details applicable to your membership of our loyalty programs;
- whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members who may be linked to your loyalty program membership;
- what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed an interest in buying from us; and
- your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
Collecting and holding personal information
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example to create an account, to become a member of one of our clubs or loyalty programs or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups; and
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
Purpose of collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings.
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our group, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for Ralph Fowler Wines' own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
Enquiring about, accessing and correcting personal information
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us directly with identifying information.
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
PO Box 423 Kingston SE
South Australia, 5275
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
If you need to correct your personal information, please contact Ralph Fowler Wines at one of the above contact points.
Complaints regarding personal information
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Ralph Fowler Wines will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, we may refer to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner's contact details.
Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us.
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email - email@example.com) (Australia).